Dave Rice Consulting
Project Management, Assessments, Education
Practicing the Art and Science of Project Management
Project Management, Project Management Education/Training, Web Engineering, Alternative Energy Consulting and Analysis
1. Project Manager. Over 15 years of experience planning, managing, and delivering on complex projects. Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
Types of Programs/Projects Managed and Related Services
· IT Governance and regulation compliance initiatives
· Outsourcing evaluation, selection, and implementation
· Infrastructure and network upgrades
· Applications development and implementation
· ERP implementations SAP, Oracle Financials, various workflow products
· New services and product development
2. Operational Management. Over 10 years of experience in managing on-going IT operations. Organizations have spanned from 40 to over 800 professionals. Experience includes Fortune 500 companies, Federal government agencies, and non-profit organizations.
· Chief Information Officer (CIO) roles at two major organizations
· Program Manager for 3 large-scale Federal IT programs, at EPA, DOT, and DOD
· Director for national outsourcing delivery organization for Cap Gemini and Unisys
· Strong expertise in reducing operational costs through consolidation, modernization, and increasing effectiveness
3. Consulting Services. Over 5 years of experience in providing consulting advice on techniques and projects to reduce IT operational costs. Results in operational savings have been as high as 35% on an annual basis. Expert knowledge in all aspects of IT outsourcing including off-shore outsourcing.
· Evaluating outsourcing and potential savings and risks
· Return on Investment and feasibility of technology upgrades
· Balanced Score Card development and deployment
· Evaluating IT spending and benchmarking activities.
Send mail to
questions or comments about this web site.